Becoming a User?

Thought for the day:

I was posed a great question today: "Are you using God, or is God using you?"  
The follow up question was, "If you answered 'God is using me'...are you sure or are you kidding yourself?"  
It is often (and not on purpose) that I treat God like a vending machine...always there when I need something.  My relationship with Him is sometimes reduced to exactly that.  I have learned that I need to be thoughtful in my praying and time with God that I make sure I focus on our relationship and His desires of me.  If I do, I make myself able to accept His prompting and blessings.

Jer. 17:9 Says, "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked".  So check yourself today.  Are you using God, or is God using you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment